Almond Cream Cake
Prep Time 20 min
Cook Time 25 min
- 1 Cup Guida’s Dairy Whipping Cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Beat whipping cream until peaks form; add eggs, and beat until smooth.
- Add sugar and continue beating until well mixed; add vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Fold dry ingredients into a cream mixture.
- Pour into a greased and floured 8 x 8 inch square pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes or until a pick comes out clean; allow to cool before frosting.
- Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy
- Add the powdered sugar & continue beating until smooth.
- Add almond flavoring and stir in almonds.
- Spread on cake.