Apple Ricotta Pancakes
Prep Time 20 min
Cook Time 10 min
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon double-acting baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup Guida’s Dairy buttermilk
- 3/4 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar plus 1 teaspoon, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 sweet, crisp apple
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 4 tablespoons oil
- Whisk flour, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk egg, buttermilk, ricotta, 1 tablespoon and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. Let stand until bubbly about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 teaspoon sugar in a small bowl. Core apple and slice into 1/8 inch rings.
- Heat 1 teaspoon each butter and oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place 2 apple rings down in the pan and cook until they start to soften, about 1 minute. Flip them over and spread 1/4 cup of the batter on each. Cook until bubbles form, 2 to 4 minutes. Flip the pancakes, sprinkle with some of the cinnamon-sugar and cook until golden on the bottom and cooked through, about 2 minutes more. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Serving Size: 2 pancakes