Chicken, Quinoa and White Bean Chili
Prep Time 20 min
Cook Time 5-6 hrs
- 1 pound uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups Guida’s Dairy milk
- 3 cups (24 ounces) milk jarred salsa verde (or milk salsa of choice)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 30 ounces white beans (Cannellini, Great Northern, etc.), drained and rinsed
- Fresh chopped cilantro (optional)
- Sliced green onion (optional)
- Shredded cheese (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Avocado (optional)
- Tortilla chips (optional)
- Combine all ingredients expect for the beans in a slow cooker and stir well to combine.
- Cover and cook for 2 1/2 to 2 hours on high or 5-6 hours on low, until chicken breast is fully cooked and can be pulled apart easily with two forks.
- Stir in beans. Transfer chicken breast from slow cooker to a plate or cutting board and, using two forks, shred well. Return shredded chicken to the slow cooker and stir well to incorporate.
- Top with fresh, chopped cilantro, sliced green onion, shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado and/or serve with tortilla chips, if desired.
- Makes nine 1 cup servings.