Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep Time 15 min
Cook Time 20 min
Serves 3 dozen
- 3/4 cup butter shortening
- 1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Guida’s Dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- Beat shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl with mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Beat in egg.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into shortening mixture until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Place rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 3 inches apart onto baking sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies, or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
TIP: If nuts are omitted, add an additional 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips.