Chocolate Milk Waffles
Prep Time 20 min
Cook Time 20 min
Serves 12-14 waffle bats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Guida’s Dairy chocolate milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 14 whole strawberries
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 28 small candy eyes
- Preheat a round waffle iron.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the eggs, chocolate milk, and melted butter. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and whisk just until well combined, but not necessarily perfectly lump-free.
- Using a dry measuring cup, pour 1/3 cup better onto the waffle iron. Cook according to the waffle iron instructions, about 3-4 minutes. Repeat until all the batter has been used, until 6-7 waffles have been made. Set aside.
- To make the bats, slice each waffle in quarters and group the sections in pairs. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl in the microwave (or in a double boiler on the stovetop).
- Place a pair of waffle quarters on a clean work surface with an outer tip of each quarter touching the other to mimic bat wings. Dip a strawberry in the melted chocolate and place on top of the bat wings. Place two eyes on the chocolate-covered strawberry and repeat until all the bats are assembled.
Recipe courtesy of @itslaurenofcourse Check out more tasty recipes here.