Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
Prep Time 15 min
Cook Time 20 min
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups egg noodles
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded and bones removed
- 1 cup Guida’s Dairy half and half
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Melt butter in a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat.
- Add in onion, carrots and celery, and sauté, stirring frequently, until onions are translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, dried thyme and parsley, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Pour in chicken stock, pepper, salt and bay leaves, and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil and pour in egg noodles. Cook to package instructions.
- While the noodles cook, remove meat from chicken and shred. Set aside.
- Once noodles are tender, stir in the chicken and half and half.
- Reduce to a simmer, and cook 2–3 minutes or until chicken is warmed through. Stir in parsley and serve immediately.