Fancy Green Beans
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, snapped
- 2 tablespoons Truffle Herb Butter (recipe below)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth or stock
- 1/2 cup Guida’s Dairy Half and Half
- 1/4 cup parmesan, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 crispy onions
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Steam or blanch green beans to where they are tender, but still have a slight snap to them. Set aside.
- In a heavy-bottomed pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour until butter fully absorbs, about two minutes.
- Continue whisking and add in the chicken broth. Once combined, add in the half and half.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer until slightly thickened, about five minutes. Stir in parmesan and salt and pepper.
- Add the green beans and toss to coat.
- Butter a deep casserole dish and pour in green bean mixture.
- Top with crispy onions and bake 15 minutes, or until heated through and the top is crispy.
Truffle Herb Butter
- 8 ounces Plugra European Style Butter, unsalted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons truffle oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, chipped
Combine softened butter in a medium-sized bowl with oil, thyme and sage. Beat until fluffy. Scoop butter onto one end of a rectangular piece of parchment paper, leaving room on the sides. Fold the end with the butter over, tucking tightly to form a log. Roll until you’ve reached the end of the parchment. Twist the ends and secure with string or bread ties. Refrigerate for at least 12 hours.