Grilled Mac and Cheese
Prep Time 10 min
Cook Time 20 min
- 16 ounces dry pasta, such as elbow or cavatappi
- 1 cup Guida’s Dairy heavy cream
- 2 cups Guida’s Dairy half & half
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, cut into cubes
- 4 ounces medium cheddar cheese, cut into cubes
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3 ounces Gruyere, shredded
- Freshly ground black pepper, for serving
- Spray a large, shallow Dutch oven with baking spray. Pour the pasta into the pot along with the heavy cream, 1 cup half & half and water.
- Scatter butter, cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese over the pasta. Sprinkle with kosher salt, garlic powder, onion powder and ground mustard.
- Cover and place the pot over low direct heat and high indirect heat (if your grill has a thermometer, it should be measuring around 500 F) and close the lid of the grill.
- Cook the pasta for 20 minutes before removing the lid and stirring to combine. At this point, the noodles should be fully cooked and the sauce should be creamy.
- Remove pot from heat, and add the remaining half & half and Gruyere. Mix until smooth, and serve immediately with a generous sprinkle of coarse black pepper.