Holiday Dark Chocolate Tart with Pomegranate & Pistachio
Cocoa Cinnamon Shortbread Crust
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons
- Dutch Process cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Chocolate Orange Ganache Filling
- 10oz. bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup Kemps Select Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tablespoons orange flavored liqueur or run, if desired
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds (arils)
- 1/4 cup toasted pistachios, chipped
- Sparkling decorating sugar to taste
- Heat oven to 350 F
To make tart crust:
- To make tart crust, mix flour, sugar, cocoa, and salt together in a medium bowl. Stir melted butter and vanilla into dry ingredients until fully moistened.
- Evenly press dough into the bottom and up sides of a 9″ removable bottom tart pan. Place pan on a baking sheet; bake about 20 minutes or until the crust looks dry. Remove from oven and place on cooling rack.
To make filling:
- Place chocolate in a medium bowl. Heat the cream in a small saucepan, bringing it just to a boil over medium heat. Pour over chocolate; let sit for 1 minute. Stir with a spatula until chocolate is melted and very smooth. Stir in the liqueur if using. Pour ganache into the cool tart shell, spreading the mixture evenly with an off set spatula or back of a spoon. Refrigerate tart for at least one our or up to 24 hours.
Before serving, mix the pomegranate seeds, nuts and a generous sprinkle of sugar. Spoon onto the tart or individual slices.