Homemade Cream of Tomato Soup
Prep Time 10
Cook Time 20
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ white onion, chopped
- ½ tbsp minced garlic
- 1 28-32 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2-3 cups of Guida’s Dairy milk
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil until tender.
- Add the tomatoes, baking soda, parsley, and salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, and simmer for 10 minutes over medium low heat.
- Add the honey and basil. Add salt and pepper as needed.
- Add in 2-3 cups of Guida’s Dairy milk (depending on desired consistency).
- Let the soup simmer until hot.
- Add fresh thyme (optional).