Homemade Latte (Without an Espresso Machine)
Prep Time 5 min
Cook Time 5 min
- Espresso or strongly brewed coffee
- 2% or nonfat milk
- Wide coffee cup
- Jar with lid
- Brew your espresso or coffee to your liking. Stronger coffee will resemble an espresso base.
- Pour milk into the jar, filling no more than halfway. Screw the lid on tightly and shake the jar (as fast as you can) until the milk is frothy and it has roughly doubled in volume, 30 to 60 seconds.
- Take off the lid and microwave uncovered for 30 seconds.
- Pour the espresso or coffee into your coffee cup (roughly 1/3 of a cup) and using a large spoon to hold back the milk foam, pour as much warm milk as you would like into the espresso.
- Spoon as much foam onto your latte. Garnish, if desired, with a sprinkle of cocoa powder or nutmeg. Sip and enjoy!