Homemade Ricotta by Chef Tyler Anderson
Prep Time 25 min
Cook Time 10 min
Serves Makes 2 cups
- 1 quart Guida’s Dairy Whole Milk
- 2 cups Guida’s Dairy Heavy Cream 36%
- 1 cup Guida’s Dairy Lowfat Buttermilk
- 1 lemon
- Combine all ingredients into a large pot. Squeeze juice of the lemon on top of the ingredients and mix together.
- Cook over low heat until it begins to simmer. Once the curds have separated from the whey, remove from heat.
- Pour the mixture into a cheesecloth-lined bowl and allow it to drain. The longer you let the mixture drain, the thicker the ricotta.
- Transfer the ricotta to another bowl and season with salt to taste.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 4-5 days.
* Recipe courtesy of Chef Tyler Anderson