Hot Buttered “Rum” – Non-Alcoholic
Prep Time 15
Cook Time 5
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/16 teaspoon ground cloves
- Guida’s Dairy Half & Half or Heavy Cream
- Dark Rum (optional)
- Combine the butter, sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, and cloves in a mixing bowl.
- To make each drink, scoop 1 1/2-2 tablespoons of the buttered spice mixture into a mug. Pour 1/4 cup of boiling hot water into the cup and stir or whisk to dissolve completely. Add 1-2 tablespoons of half and half or heavy cream and stir again, preferably with a cinnamon stick.
- Optional: add dark rum and/or a dollop of whipped cream on top with an additional sprinkle of cinnamon and/or nutmeg.
- Store the remaining buttered spice mixture in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. It can also be frozen in an ice cube tray for several months. Just transfer the frozen cubes into an air-tight container.