Lemon Raspberry Muffins
Prep Time 15 min
Cook Time 25 min
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup Guida’s Dairy buttermilk
- 1/3 canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen (not thawed) raspberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat 12 large muffin cups with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- Zest the lemon with a vegetable peeler. Combine the zest and sugar in a food processor; pulse until the zest of finely chipped into the sugar. Add buttermilk, oil, egg and vanilla and pulse until blended. (If you have a citrus zester you can skip the step with using the food processor and simply mix the zest into the sugar, then combine with buttermilk, oil, egg, and vanilla extract.)
- Combine whole-wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Add the buttermilk mixture and fold until blended. Gently fold in raspberries. Divide the batter among the muffin cups.
- Bake the muffins until the muffins are golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack. Serve warm.
- Make Ahead Tip: Wrap each in plastic wrap and freeze in a freezer bag for up to 1 month. To reheat, remove plastic, wrap muffin in a paper towel and microwave on high for 30 to 60 seconds.