Pumpkin Bars with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1/4 cup Guida’s Dairy milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar sifted
- ¼ cup Guida’s Dairy milk
- ½ teaspoon maple extract or ¼ cup maple syrup
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
Preheat oven to 350 F and grease and flour a 9×13 inch glass baking dish.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and salt. Set aside.
Mix together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
Add in the egg whites, one at a time, then the whole egg. Then add the vanilla, pumpkin puree, and yogurt and mix until well combined.
Add in some of the dry ingredients, then some of the milk. Continue alternating until all the ingredients have combined together.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the cake springs back when touched.
For the frosting, cream the butter and cream cheese in a mixer until light and fluffy. Add in the powdered sugar in batches, then add in the heavy cream and maple syrup and mix together until smooth.
Frost the cooled pumpkin bars and top with pumpkin spice, if desired. Cut into bars, serve, and enjoy!