Rich and Creamy Hot Cocoa
Prep Time 5 min
Cook Time 5 min
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/3 boiling water
- 3 1/2 cups Guida’s Dairy milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Guida’s Dairy half & half
- Combine the cocoa, sugar and pinch of salt in a saucepan.
- Blend in the boiling water. Bring this mixture to an easy boil while you stir. Simmer and stir for about 2 minutes. Watch that it doesn’t scorch.
- Stir in 3 1/2 cups of milk and heat until very hot, but do not boil!
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Divide between 4 mugs. Add the cream to the mugs of cocoa to cool it to drinking temperature.