Prep Time 10
Cook Time 25
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup Guida’s Dairy milk
- 1/4 Swiss cheese, freshly grated
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- Finely diced chives for garnish (optional)
Pair each serving with:
- 8 ounce glass of Guida’s Dairy milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil in a mini cast iron skillet (or small oven safe pan) over medium high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté until softened, for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach and tomatoes and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg plus egg whites, 1/4 cup milk, cheese and season with salt and pepper (optional).
- Pour the egg mixture evenly into the skillet, over the vegetables.
- Let sit, without stirring, until the edges begin to set, for about 2 to 3 minutes. Then transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Garnish with finely diced chives, if desired.
- Serve with remaining 8-ounce glass of milk.