Witch Hat Chocolate Milk Shake
Prep Time 30 min
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup Guida’s chocolate milk
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup Guida’s Heavy Cream, cold
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 ounces chocolate
- 1 ice cream sugar cone
- 1 round stroopwafel or thin cookie
- Black sanding sugar
- Purple ribbon
Recipe courtesy of Half & Half magazine, a food magazine celebrating dairy and those whole make it. Learn more and subscribe at http://www.halfandhalfmag.com
- In a blender, combine ice cream, chocolate milk and chocolate syrup until smooth. Drizzle chocolate syrup on the inside of a milkshake glass, and then pour the chocolate milkshake into the glass. Top with homemade whipped cream and the witch’s hat and enjoy!
- In a medium bowl with an electric mixer, whisk the heavy cream and sugar until soft peaks form.
- In a shallow bowl, add chocolate and heat in the microwave in 20 second intervals until fully melted. Cut the tip of the sugar cone off and dip in the chocolate. Place back on the cone at an angle. Freeze for a few minutes until set.
- Dip the bottom of the sugar cone in the chocolate and place in the center of the round stroopwafel or thin cookie. Freeze for a few minutes until set.
- Spread an even layer of chocolate on the hat and immediately sprinkle black sanding sugar all over. Freeze again for a few minutes until set.
- Tie purple ribbon around the hat and place on top of your chocolate milkshake.